Group Program Coordinator
Sydney Olympic Park
Exciting new opportunity for a Group Program Coordinator to join a large For-Purpose mental health service
The position available is:
- Closed-term part-time until 1 November 2024 (60.8 hrs/fortnight)
- Working between Monday and Friday
- Located in Sydney Olympic Park
- Flexible working from home arrangements are available and will be agreed with the successful applicant
- Level 4 on the Flourish Australia Enterprise Agreement (2018)
About the Opportunity
The Group Program Coordinator will coordinate the delivery of group programs and capacity building to people we support at Flourish Australia. Training and capacity building is a growing and integral component of Flourish Australia's services. This role delivers results by working with people we support at various programs and services to increase their capacity in designing group programs which support a person's recovery.
This position will be responsible for the development of group programs and course materials for people accessing Flourish Australia services, and for supporting the local delivery of group programs through face-to-face and digital delivery.
The key tasks and responsibilities will include but is not limited to:
- Develop group program content on various mental health recovery topics independently and/or in collaboration with subject matter specialists (internal and external).
- Maintain high quality training resources and guidance on foundational mental health recovery topics for people we support and staff.
- Manage and maintain a repository of all group program content such as session plans, participant handouts, facilitator guides including versions controls of the documents in appropriate internal technological platforms.
- Promote the group program across the organisation and build the capacity of mental health and peer support workers (staff) to deliver group programs.
- Facilitate co-delivery of training with staff - including coaching and capacity building to facilitate group sessions.
- Facilitate consultation with people we support and staff in identifying new content for group programs.
- Participate in evaluation processes to track the effectiveness of group programs and identify areas of opportunity and continuous quality improvement.
Please find further details in the position description attached here.
- Qualifications in human services, group facilitation, training and assessment or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitation and delivery of group learning activities, educational and training sessions.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and other instructional design tools.
- Demonstrated skill in project management approaches.
- A strong commitment to, and expert understanding of, recovery-based practice and activities in a psychosocial sector.
- Demonstrated ability to collate and organise large amount of information in accessible format and platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation and to communicate complex information in a concise and meaningful way to a variety of target audiences.
- Proven ability to work independently, with initiative and take direction as required.
- Proven problem solving and people management skills.
- Excellent demonstrated written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Current driver's licence.
- A degree in adult learning, development and training and project management would be highly desirable.
All appointments with Flourish Australia's Mental Health Services are subject to an NDIS Worker Screening clearance, a National Criminal History Check, a WWCC, previous employment reference checks, satisfactory Australian residency status and other background checks. All successful applicants will be asked to provide evidence they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including booster) prior to commencement, inline with Flourish Australia’s Vaccination Policy.
For further information, please contact Outcomes and Improvement Manager, Sumathi Govindasamy. E: email@example.com (please do not email applications)
About Flourish Australia
Flourish Australia is one of Australia’s most experienced community mental health organisations. Our purpose is to support people to flourish, believe in their futures, and become contributing members of the community.
Our services are comprehensive and highly personalised because each person’s experience will be different and their needs, as an individual, are unique. Together we set goals, connect individuals with the right people, support services and opportunities to meet their needs.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to the participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities, LGBTQ+ communities and mature age candidates.
About the Benefits
Flourish Australia recognises and values its people as demonstrated by:
- Attractive salary package commensurate with experience and skills
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900
- Employee Assistance Program for confidential wellbeing support
- Opportunities for career development, professional development and training such as Mental Health First Aid, ASIST and relevant training (where applicable)
- Inclusive initiatives such as our Rainbow Network and YarnUp for Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander staff
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
- Comprehensive infrastructure including a laptop, mobile phone and other resources for work purposes
- Exclusive fleet pricing discounts with our preferred automotive supplier
- Employee discounts at 350+ popular retailers (Woolworths, Expedia, Myer, Kmart etc)
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete the questions asked and attach a copy of your resume on the following page. We encourage you to have your resume up-to-date before you commence your application.