Team Coordinator or Team Coordinator, Peer Specialist
Use your supervisory skills and sector experience to lead a team of Peer and Mental Health Workers with an industry-leading mental health organisation
Salary starting at $82,000 per annum plus super with generous leave provisions, tax-free salary benefits and flexible working conditions
Flourish Australia has an exciting opportunity for a Team Coordinator or Team Coordinator - Peer Specialist to join our Queanbeyan team!
The position available is:
- Ongoing full-time (76 hours/fortnight)
- Based in Queanbeyan
- Working Monday to Friday
About the Role
As a Team Coordinator or Team Coordinator - Peer Specialist with Flourish Australia, you will assist the manager in providing supervision and guidance to staff. You will support and develop the skills of staff through the provision of in-service training. In addition, you will have a hands-on role with frontline service delivery, working directly with people with a lived experience of a mental health issue. You will lead by example by providing person led recovery-oriented and trauma informed service that best supports people to live in the community.
In addition, the Team Coordinator - Peer Specialist will use lived experience and personal recovery to mentor people with a lived experience of a mental health issue. You will apply recovery knowledge in your role and peer work philosophies. You will be required to use your lived experience openly to build professional relationships and reciprocity with the people you support, while maintaining appropriate professional boundaries.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Support the manager to implement programs, policies and local procedures and also with the planning and coordination of a program or project (when required).
- Provide day-to-day supervision and support of lower or similar classified employees.
- Facilitate discussions regarding the individual needs and goals of each person accessing Flourish Australia’s services and collaboratively develop, implement and monitor an individual plan that meets these needs.
- Encourage people to develop skills which will meet their needs. These may include domestic skills, social skills, independence skills, and skills to enter education and/or employment.
- Ensure that individual support meets recovery journey goals and is strengths based and led by the person wherever possible
For more information, please review the Team Coordinator or Team Coordinator - Peer Specialist position description and the Peer Worker Information statement “What You Should Consider Before Becoming A Peer Worker”.
Please note - Successful candidates must maintain a Class C drivers license and proof of comprehensive insurance must be provided when required. You may be directed to use your private motor vehicle in the course of performing your duties when an organisational pool motor vehicle is unavailable. You will receive the Travelling Transport and Fares Allowance when using your private vehicle for work related purposes.
Who we are
Flourish Australia is one of Australia’s most experienced community mental health organisations. Our purpose is to support people to flourish, believe in their futures, and become contributing members of the community.
Our services are comprehensive and highly personalised because each person’s experience will be different and their needs, as an individual, are unique. Together we set goals, connect individuals with the right people, support services and opportunities to meet their needs.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to the participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities, LGBTQ+ communities and mature age candidates.
- A relevant Certificate IV or above in a relevant field.
- At least 3 years experience working in the community in a mental health setting.
- A strong commitment to, and advanced understanding of, recovery-based practice in the workplace.
- Excellent knowledge of the local area and its health services and other community services.
- A strong understanding of the challenges faced by people with a lived experience of a mental health issue.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role and in providing support and/or supervision to lower classified staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge Microsoft Office and advanced knowledge of data information management systems.
- A personal lived experience of a mental health issue (Team Coordinator – Peer Specialist only).
- A current Australian Driver’s Licence.
- A current First Aid Certificate.
- Demonstrated NDIS experience and knowledge of the NDIS and its processes.
For further information, please contact Jackie Keane, Manager. E: Jackie.Keane@flourishaustralia.org.au (please do not email applications).
All appointments with Flourish Australia's Mental Health Services are subject to an NDIS Worker Screening clearance, a National Criminal History Check, a WWCC, previous employment reference checks, satisfactory Australian residency status and other background checks. All successful applicants will be asked to provide evidence they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including booster) prior to commencement, inline with Flourish Australia’s Vaccination Policy.
- Level 4 (SCHCADS) on the Flourish Australia Enterprise Agreement (2018)
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900
- Generous leave provisions including 17.5% leave loading+ 2 additional days of personal leave+ extra day paid leave over Christmas/New Year + 10 weeks paid parental leave + Accrued Days Off
- Vehicle mileage allowance
- Exclusive personal Fleet pricing discounts with our preferred automotive supplier
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
- Comprehensive infrastructure including a laptop, mobile phone and other resources for work purposes
- Opportunities for professional development and training such as Mental Health First Aid, ASIST and relevant Team Leader training (where applicable)
- Access to our free, confidential employee assistance program
- Inclusive initiatives such as our Rainbow Network and YarnUp for Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander staff
- Employee discounts at 350+ popular retailers (Woolworths, Expedia, Myer, Kmart etc)
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete the questions asked. You will then be required to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.
Applications close on 7th of December. Apply now!