Peer Workers and Mental Health Workers
Use your passion for mental health and play a key role in supporting people people to achieve their recovery goals!
Flourish Australia has multiple exciting opportunities for Peer Workers and Mental Health Workers to join our Griffith team!
The positions available are:
- Full-time (76 hrs/fortnight)
- Part-time (45.6 hrs/fortnight)
- Working between Monday and Friday
- Based at Griffith
- Level 3 on the Flourish Australia Enterprise Agreement (2018) equivalent to $36.00 - $38.60p/h + 11% Super + Tax-Free Benefits!
About the Opportunities
As a Mental Health Worker or Peer Worker, you will support people accessing our services who have a lived experience of mental health issues to achieve their hopes and dreams. You will play an important part in assisting people to maintain wellness and realise their goals. On a day to day basis you will:
- Listen to and create opportunities and activities that meet the interests and goals of people.
- Encourage shared learning experiences, and support skill development at every opportunity through self-directed learning, information and education.
- Ensure that individual support is provided to a person that accesses Flourish Australia services that meet their recovery journey goals and is strengths based and led by the person wherever possible.
- Be ‘hands on’ and involved in direct service delivery.
We value lived experience and believe peer support is a powerful part of the mental health recovery journey. Therefore, our Peer Worker roles are for those willing to use their lived experience and personal recovery to mentor people with a lived experience of a mental health issue. You will use your lived experience to inform and contribute to staff learning, service understanding, and delivering person-led, strengths focused, recovery based service.
For more information about what it means to be a Peer Worker with Flourish Australia, please review the Position Description and the Peer Worker information statement “What You Should Consider Before Becoming A Peer Worker”.
For more information on the Mental Health Worker role, please read the Position Description.
Please note - Successful candidates must maintain a Class C drivers license and proof of comprehensive insurance must be provided when required. You may be directed to use your private motor vehicle in the course of performing your duties when an organisational pool motor vehicle is unavailable. You will receive the Travelling Transport and Fares Allowance when using your private vehicle for work related purposes.
Who we are
Flourish Australia is one of Australia’s most experienced community mental health organisations. Our purpose is to support people to flourish, believe in their futures, and become contributing members of the community.
Our services are comprehensive and highly personalised because each person’s experience will be different and their needs, as an individual, are unique. Together we set goals, connect individuals with the right people, support services and opportunities to meet their needs.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to the participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities, LGBTQ+ communities and mature age candidates.
- A Certificate IV or above in a relevant field OR a minimum of 2-years full-time experience working in the human services field (as recognised by Flourish Australia).
- A strong commitment to recovery-based practice in the workplace.
- Understanding of the challenges faced by people with a lived experience of a mental health issue.
- Demonstrated alignment to Flourish Australia’s values.
- Understanding of, and ability to effectively use, Microsoft Office and knowledge of data information management systems.
- Maintain a current Australian Driver’s Licence.
For further information, please contact Timothy Owers, Manager. E: Timothy.Owers@flourishaustralia.org.au (please do not email applications)
Flourish Australia recognises and values its people as demonstrated by:
- Level 3 (SCHCADS) on the Flourish Australia Enterprise Agreement (2018)
- Tax-free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900
- Generous leave provisions including 17.5% leave loading + 2 additional days of personal leave + extra day paid leave over Christmas/New Year + paid parental leave
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
- Opportunities for career progression, professional development and training such as Mental Health First Aid and ASIST
- Employee Assistance Program for confidential wellbeing support
- Inclusive initiatives such as our Rainbow Network and YarnUp for Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander staff
- Exclusive personal Fleet pricing discounts with our preferred automotive supplier
- Employee discounts at 350+ popular retailers (Woolworths, Expedia, Myer, Kmart etc)
All appointments with Flourish Australia's Mental Health Services are subject to an NDIS Worker Screening clearance, a National Criminal History Check, a WWCC, previous employment reference checks, satisfactory Australian residency status and other background checks. All successful applicants will be asked to provide evidence they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including booster) prior to commencement, inline with Flourish Australia’s Vaccination Policy.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete all the questions asked. You will then be required to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.
Interviews to be held on a rolling basis, apply now!