General Practitioner - Private Practitioner
Parramatta, Bankstown or Broken Hill
We are looking for a General Practitioner to join us for an immediate start as an independent contractor, running your own client caseload.
- Based onsite between headspace Parramatta, Castle Hill and Bankstown (Telehealth support welcome) and remote to headspace Broken Hill with Telehealth.
- Contracted position (1 year with further availability)
- Working 1 day per week with flexibility to fit your availability
- Eligible to provide medicare services
Join the team at headspace!
headspace works from an early intervention and prevention framework with young people and their families who have emerging mental health issues. We deliver four core services which include general health, mental health support, vocational services, and alcohol and other drug services.
We’re looking for a General Practitioner who loves working with young people and families to join our welcoming, and well-resourced team!
In addition to relevant qualifications and experience along with a medicare provider number, we are seeking to find like-minded individuals who are enthusiastic, cooperative team players and positive contributors to the headspace culture. We are very proud of our culture and would love to find individuals who continue to support this.
More information about headspace can be found at: www.headspace.org.au
Salary and Benefits
We are a bulk-billing psychology practice that provides tele-health & onsite services. As a contracted role - we offer a flat rate that is highly competitive, despite being a bulk billing service. You will enjoy the benefits of:
- Flexible hours and days.
- Complete administrative and clinical support to book and case manage clients outside of the therapeutic space.
- Access to an experienced multi-disciplinary team including a psychiatrist, nurse, psychologist, social worker, financial counsellor, vocational specialist, drug and alcohol specialist, family and parent counsellors for young people to engage with.
- Access to free and regular training and development on a range of different topics including accredited training for GPs working with young people, trauma, DBT, ACT, neuro-diversity, LGBTQI+, DV and family violence.
- Access to regular clinical supervision, individual and group.
- Access to regular consultation and complex clinical review with a team of experienced psychologists, social workers, nurses, GPs, psychiatrists, dietitians and other specialised disciplines.
- Team building and social events on a regular basis (voluntary).
About the Role
The headspace General Practitioner role operates as a private contractor and as a compliment to headspace’s holistic care model.
The General Practitioner works with young people, their families, carers/friends and the treating clinical team to work towards the highest quality of person-centred care that addresses health needs and promotes wellness. You will be supported by a team of experienced youth healthcare experts, including psychologists, psychiatrists, dieticians, social workers and mental health nurses. Having access to a team of co-located services means there is an incredible amount of support, with opportunities for secondary consultations with a psychiatrist and the team.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Provide skilled, high quality, recovery oriented health assessment, diagnosis and treatment services to young people, their families and carers/friends.
- Work with young people around mental health, sexual health, drugs and alcohol, preventative healthcare and other physical health problems.
- Provide care in accordance with the latest evidence, guidelines, and legislative requirements.
- Work within a team environment, and under broad direction.
- Liaise with external providers as needed e.g. Psychiatrist, NDIS, Schools.
- Complete high quality clinical notes in the online records system and complete data entry requirements to ensure accurate reporting.
- As a contracted practitioner, you receive referrals from the headspace team, and we will provide full comprehensive administration support and case management.
We would love to meet you if you have direct clinical experience with:
- Young People
- Cultural Diversity
- LGBTIQ+ communities
- Eating Disorders
- Able to develop rapport with young people, and families.
- Calm, flexible and punctual.
- Comfortable with commitment and desire to establish a client base amongst a caring team.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work within a team.
- Sound knowledge of the impact of mental illness on young people and the ability to provide a positive impact on their wellbeing in a youth-friendly manner.
Your Qualifications & Experience
Medically qualified and registered as a Medical Practitioner with AHPRA / Medical Board of Australia
- Registered Medicare Provider
- ABN and Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Demonstrated experience and passion working with young people or within mental health in diverse settings
- Working with Children's Check and Police Check
All successful applicants will be asked to provide evidence they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including booster) prior to commencement.
Whilst headspace fully supports early career, on this instance please only apply if you are fully registered or accredited and have a Medicare provider number with experience.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete the questions below. You will then be asked to attach a copy of your resume and cover letter on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.
Our ad will be running for 30 days, and we will interview as we receive applications. Only applications from qualified General Practitioners will be considered.
For more information contact Amanda Baxter, Senior Clinical Manager. E: Amanda.Baxter@flourishaustralia.org.au (please do not email applications)