Supervisor (Mental Health Social Enterprises)
Are you looking for a career change that delivers positive social impact to your community? If so, apply today to join Flourish Australia's growing Community Businesses team in Marrickville!
- Full-time (76 hours per fortnight)
- Working Monday to Friday
- Grade 5 (Supervisor) on the Flourish Australia Enterprise Agreement (2018) equivalent to $68,600 p.a. + 11% Super + Tax-Free Salary Packaging
- Based in Marrickville
Applications for this role are welcome from candidates from a variety of backgrounds including:
- Warehousing, manufacturing, packaging OR,
- Community services or a strong interest in moving into the community services sector OR,
- Experience in other service industries! Your experience and expertise may help us start a new community services venture.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have a passion for improving and promoting wellness and resilience for the people of your local community.
- Be a 'hands-on' person who will lead by example using your supervisory skills and experience where compassion, instilling a strong code of conduct and respect for diversity are key to success.
- Bring your excellent communication skills to this role with a demonstrated ability to adapt your communication style to suit the audience and situation. This role will require you to be adept at listening, conveying information and at noticing and responding to non-verbal cues.
- Be adaptable and have a willingness to develop through self-directed learning and/or short courses that will contribute to the success of new contracts.
- Ideally have competency in the use (and basic maintenance) of products, tools and equipment relating to one or more of the operations.
About the Role
As the Supervisor (ADE) you will:
- Promote the delivery of safe, quality community business services.
- Plan and direct daily activities
- Support employees to access training and provide ongoing coaching and support to employees accessing the program.
- Foster a work culture that is supportive, collaborative and productive, remaining at all times compliant with Flourish Australia’s Code of Conduct and all other relevant policies, legislation and contractual agreements.
- Continually seek opportunities for improvement while facilitating a wide range of work place experiences and development opportunities for Supported Employees, encouraging their resilience and commitment to work.
- Attend regular meetings with the Flourish Australia Site Manager and the Community Businesses Program Manager to provide updates, feedback and input to continuous improvement planning.
In this role, the Supervisor is expected to take a ‘hands-on’ approach - working with and alongside employees to assist the team to meet contract service levels (including quality and time).
Who we are
Flourish Australia operates social enterprises and community businesses with the purpose of creating sustainable employment, vocational and training opportunities for people with mental health issues. We work in local communities to help people on their mental health recovery journey. Our services are comprehensive and highly personalised because each person’s experience will be different and their needs, as an individual, are unique. Together we set goals, connect individuals with the right people, support services and opportunities to meet their needs.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities, LGBTQ+ communities and mature age candidates.
Aims of the Community Businesses
- Social: To create a recovery and reintegration pathway for people with mental health issues through various employment activities.
- Economic: To operate commercially sustainable businesses and to promote our reputation, our value and our growth in regional communities.
- Product: To deliver a range of quality services that meet the expectations and needs of existing and potential customers.
- Support: To increase awareness of mental health issues and to develop partnerships to support Flourish Australia’s Community Businesses ventures in regional communities.
You can find further information about Flourish Australia's Community Businesses here: https://www.flourishaustralia.org.au/business
- Qualifications (Certificate IV or above) relevant to our current and emerging community business operations including packaging, manufacturing and/or warehousing. A willingness to embark on a relevant qualification after completion of your probationary period may be considered.
- One years experience in a supervisory role.
- Competency in the use of (and basic maintenance of) light machinery and equipment typically used in warehousing and factory environments.
- Certificate IV Non-Clinical Mental Health.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Current Forklift Licence.
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence.
For more information, please contact Kata Paraha, Site Manager. E: firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not email applications)
For more information on what it means to be a Supervisor with Flourish Australia and full selection criteria, please read the Position Description.
About the Benefits
- Attractive remuneration equivalent to SES Award Grade 5 (Supervisor) $68,600 p.a.
- Extra tax savings with Salary Packaging available up to $15,900
- Exclusive fleet pricing discounts with our preferred automotive supplier
- Generous leave provisions for full-time staff including 17.5% leave loading+ 2 additional days of personal leave + extra day paid leave over Christmas/New Year + 10 weeks paid parental leave (primary carer)
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
- Opportunities for professional development and training such as Mental Health First Aid and ASIST
- Regular supervision (reflective practice), ongoing 1:1 mentoring and a comprehensive induction program
- Employee Assistance Program for confidential wellbeing support
- Inclusive initiatives such as our Rainbow Network and YarnUp for Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander staff
- Employee discounts at 350+ popular retailers (Woolworths, Expedia, Myer, Kmart etc)
All appointments with Flourish Australia's Mental Health Services are subject to an NDIS Worker Screening clearance, a National Criminal History Check, a WWCC, previous employment reference checks, satisfactory Australian residency status and other background checks. All successful applicants will be asked to provide evidence they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including booster) prior to commencement, inline with Flourish Australia’s Vaccination Policy.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete the questions below. You will then be asked to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.
Applications close 5pm 29th of November.