General Hand - Cleaner
Flourish Australia has an exciting opportunity for a General Hand - Cleaner to join the Community Businesses team in Silverwater!
The position available is:
- Based in Silverwater
- Must be available to work evening shifts (5pm onwards) on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
- Attractive hourly rates equivalent to SES Grade 3 $24.56/hr + shift loading + 25% loading for casuals!
About the Community Businesses
- Social: to create a recovery and reintegration pathway for people with mental health issues through various employment activities.
- Economic: to operate the business on a commercially sustainable basis of profitable growth whilst simultaneously offering employment opportunities for people.
- Product: to provide a range of commercial industry-standard products that meet the expectations and needs of targeted markets.
- Support: to increase awareness of mental health issues and to encourage businesses to support the Community Businesses.
As a General Hand - Cleaner, you may:
- Clean trucks and other vehicles, both internally and externally.
- Ensure all daily and periodical cleaning is completed to the correct standards.
- Adhere to protocol concerning the cleaning of buildings and rooms.
- Use cleaning machinery such as buffing machines, vacuum cleaner back packs.
- Provide cleaning services in a flexible manner so as not to disrupt the duties of other employees in their work.
- Regularly assist Supported Employees in the performance of their cleaning duties.
- Adhere to strict infection control and cross contamination protocols.
- Act as a role model for people with diverse levels of aptitude and expertise who are developing vocational cleaning skills.
For more information about what it means to be a General Hand - Cleaner with Flourish Australia, please review the Position Description.
Who we are
Flourish Australia operates social enterprises and community businesses with the purpose of creating sustainable employment, vocational and training opportunities for people with mental health issues. We work in local communities to help people on their mental health recovery journey.
Our services are comprehensive and highly personalised because each person’s experience will be different and their needs, as an individual, are unique. Together we set goals, connect individuals with the right people, support services and opportunities to meet their needs.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities, LGBTQ+ communities and mature age candidates.
- Relevant qualifications in cleaning (or willingness to obtain).
- Have a demonstrated understanding of cleaning techniques and equipment in a commercial &/or domestic setting.
- Well-developed verbal communication skills.
- Able to work empathetically with people with a mental health issue or psychosocial disability.
- Ability to work with common sense and proceed with minimal supervision.
- A Current Australian Driver’s Licence
- Understanding of the challenges faced by people with a lived experience of mental health issues and how providing a recovery-oriented service is of benefit to people.
For more information, please contact Darren Field, Site Manager. E: firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not email applications).
About the Benefits
- Attractive hourly rates
- Employee discounts at 350+ popular retailers (Woolworths, Expedia, Myer, Kmart etc)
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
- Regular supervision (reflective practice), ongoing 1:1 mentoring and a comprehensive induction program
- Employee Assistance Program for confidential wellbeing support
- Opportunities for professional development and training such as Mental Health First Aid and ASIST
- Inclusive initiatives such as our Rainbow Network and YarnUp for Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander staff
- Exclusive personal Fleet pricing discounts with our preferred automotive supplier
All appointments with Flourish Australia's Mental Health Services are subject to an NDIS Worker Screening clearance, a National Criminal History Check, a WWCC, previous employment reference checks, satisfactory Australian residency status and other background checks. All successful applicants will be asked to provide evidence they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including booster) prior to commencement, inline with Flourish Australia’s Vaccination Policy.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete the questions below. You will then be asked to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.
Interviews to be held on a rolling basis, apply now!