Allied Health Clinicians - headspace
Join an industry-leading provider in youth mental health and provide high-level clinical services to young people in your local community!
Exciting new opportunities for multiple Allied Health Clinicians to join our headspace services in Bankstown!
The positions available are:
Full-time (76hrs/fortnight) and part-time (38hrs/fortnight) until 30 June 2025
Suitable for an experienced Mental Health Nurse, Registered Psychologist, or Mental Health Social Worker
Based in Bankstown
Attractive remuneration package starting from $99,500p.a. (commensurate with experience) + 11% Super + Salary Packaging!
About the Opportunities
As an Allied Health Clinician with headspace, you will provide evidence-based assessment to inform individual formulation and care plans. You will work collaboratively with young people and their families to develop individual recovery plans that are person centred and committed to achieving individual therapeutic goals.
We are seeking a highly motivated and organised person to facilitate excellence in integrated holistic health care, with the goal of improving outcomes for people accessing the service and the wider community.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Deliver evidence-based interventions in line with the Medicare Better Access model within therapeutic context.
- Manage clinical risk in collaboration with the team including undertaking risk assessments and developing collaborative wellbeing plans to support young people.
- Reporting directly to the Clinical and Operations Manager, you will participate in clinical decisions about treatment planning, assessment, risk management and working with other stakeholders and services.
- Report on individual progress with young people during case discussions/ team meetings and also formally using relevant headspace data systems.
- Write professional reports and maintain progress notes on an ongoing bases using electronic databases.
- Actively assist in progressing the growth and development of the service, in line with the Strategic Plan and client demand.
For further information on the Allied Health Clinician role, please read the Position Description.
Please note - Successful candidates must maintain a Class C drivers license and proof of comprehensive insurance must be provided when required. You may be directed to use your private motor vehicle in the course of performing your duties when an organisational pool motor vehicle is unavailable. You will receive the Travelling Transport and Fares Allowance when using your private vehicle for work related purposes.
About headspace and Flourish Australia
One in four young people have experienced a mental health issue in the past 12 months – a higher prevalence than all other age groups. headspace provides early intervention mental health services to young people who present with mental health issues, along with assistance in promoting young peoples’ wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support and alcohol and other drug services. More information about headspace can be found at: www.headspace.org.au
Flourish Australia has a long and proud history of providing recovery-oriented mental health services in Australia. We offer a range of services to meet the different needs of those with a lived experience of a mental health issue. This includes help with finding a home that is safe and secure, assistance with training and getting a job, or encouragement to develop friendships and learn new things. Our services are comprehensive and highly personalised because each person’s experience will be different and their needs, as an individual, are unique. Together we set goals, connect individuals with the right people, support services and opportunities to meet their needs.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities, LGBTQ+ communities and mature age candidates.
- Possession of tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work or Mental Health Nursing.
- At least 3 years clinical experience post qualification
Membership of an appropriate professional body (including AHPRA, AASW) as a registered or endorsed Psychologist, accredited Social Worker, Mental Health Nurse; and eligibility to register with Medicare Australia as an MBS Primary Care provider or an Allied Mental Health Professional provider.
Demonstrated ability to undertake assessment and initial screening activities to determine individual care needs, provide counselling, produce assessment reports, and assist young people to access necessary services.
Able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of recovery focused practice.
Have a clear understanding and/or knowledge of the concept and impact of mental health issues in the community.
Current Australian Driver’s Licence
- A personal lived experience of a mental health issue.
- Direct clinical experience with young people and families, including those from culturally diverse backgrounds, and LGBTQI communities.
- Previous experience as a supervisor and/or qualified supervisor within your field.
For further information, please contact Ali Rahman, Clinical and Operations Manager E: firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not email applications)
All appointments with Flourish Australia's Mental Health Services are subject to a National Criminal History Check, a Working With Children Check, previous employment reference checks, satisfactory Australian residency status and other background checks. All successful applicants will be asked to provide evidence they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including booster) prior to commencement, inline with Flourish Australia’s Vaccination Policy.
About the Benefits
- Attractive remuneration equivalent to HPSS Level 4 + 11% Super!
- Generous leave provisions including 17.5% annual leave loading + 2 additional days of Personal Leave + Christmas/New Years Gratis Day + 10 weeks paid parental leave
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
- Employee Assistance Program for confidential wellbeing support
- Regular supervision, ongoing 1:1 mentoring, strong team support and a comprehensive induction program
- Opportunities for professional development and training such as Mental Health First Aid and ASIST
- Inclusive initiatives such as our Rainbow Network and YarnUp for Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander staff
- Personal fleet pricing discounts with our preferred automotive supplier
- Employee discounts at 350+ popular retailers (Woolworths, Expedia, Myer, Kmart etc)
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete all the questions asked. You will then be required to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.