Clinical Lead - headspace
Flourish Australia has a fantastic opportunity for a motivated Clinical Lead to oversee the day to day clinical operations at the headspace Bankstown centre.
The position available is:
- Full-time (76 hours/fortnight)
- Monday to Friday
- Attractive remuneration package starting from $99,500 p.a. (commensurate with experience) + 11% Super + Salary Packaging!
About the Opportunity
As the headspace Clinical Lead, you will facilitate excellence in integrated holistic health care, with the goal of improving outcomes for young people accessing the service and the wider community. You will work collaboratively with young people to develop individual recovery plans that are person-centred and person-led as much as possible. In addition, you will also provide clinical supervision to junior clinical staff and monitor clinical performance and development.
Your main responsibilities as the Clinical Lead will include (but are not limited to):
- Working as a member of the leadership team to oversee the day-to-day clinical operation of the service (as delegated).
- Oversee processes to ensure appropriate case planning and coordination for young people and their families accessing headspace.
- Assertively monitor young people where risk is indicated, including regularly assessing the current level of risk and developing action plans to mitigate any risks in accordance with the Flourish Australia risk management framework.
- Provide assessments and evidence-based interventions, including group interventions, with young people (and their families/carers) accessing headspace.
- Undertake a range of assessments of young people and their families/carers as appropriate, including intake assessments, initial bio-psychosocial assessments, assessments of functioning, outcome measures, and symptom severity measures.
- Work collaboratively with the young person and their families to develop individual recovery plans and/or service plans including relevant interventions that are person-centred and directed by the young person as much as possible.
- Facilitate regular clinical review meetings and multi-disciplinary team meetings to ensure appropriate, consistent, and coordinated service pathways and service delivery response for young people and their families/carers.
- Report on individual progress with young people during case discussions/ team meetings and also formally using relevant headspace data systems.
- Build and maintain collaborative working relationships with other internal and external service providers, including General Practitioners and other medical professionals, Government Departments and services, Non-Government Organisations, and schools.
- Maintain accurate and timely progress notes and reports using an electronic medical records system, and data using relevant headspace data systems.
To find out more about what it means to be a Clinical Lead, please review the Position Description.
About headspace and Flourish Australia
One in four young people have experienced a mental health issue in the past 12 months – a higher prevalence than all other age groups. headspace provides early intervention mental health services to young people who present with mental health issues, along with assistance in promoting young peoples’ wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support and alcohol and other drug services. More information about headspace can be found at: www.headspace.org.au
Flourish Australia has a long and proud history of providing recovery-oriented mental health services in Australia. We offer a range of services to meet the different needs of those with a lived experience of a mental health issue. This includes help with finding a home that is safe and secure, assistance with training and getting a job, or encouragement to develop friendships and learn new things.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities, LGBTQ+ communities and mature age candidates.
- Possession of tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Nursing, Occupational Therapy or other allied health disciplines recognised by the tertiary mental health services sector.
- Maintain membership of the appropriate professional body (e.g. AHPRA, AASW).
- Demonstrated ability to engage in multidisciplinary and/or cross sector initiatives, and partnerships with a wide range of professionals, organisations and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated team management experience
- Demonstrated ability to fully use Microsoft Office Suite and the client information management system.
- Demonstrated experience in the participation of clinical systems including the implementation and review of Clinical Governance Models, privacy and confidentiality principles.
For more information contact Ali Rahman, Clinical & Operations Manager. E: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please do not email applications)
About the Benefits
The successful applicant will join an organisation that recognises and values its people as demonstrated by:
- Level 4 (HPSS) on the Flourish Australia Enterprise Agreement (2018)
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900
- Generous leave provisions including 17.5% leave loading and2 additional days of personal leave + extra day paid leave over Christmas/New Year + paid parental leave
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
- Opportunities for career progression, professional development and training such as Mental Health First Aid and ASIST
- Employee Assistance Program for confidential wellbeing support
- Regular supervision (reflective practice), ongoing 1:1 mentoring, strong team support and a comprehensive induction program
- Inclusive initiatives such as our Rainbow Network and YarnUp for Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander staff
- Exclusive personal Fleet pricing discounts with our preferred automotive supplier
- Employee discounts at 350+ popular retailers (Woolworths, Expedia, Myer, Kmart etc)
All appointments with Flourish Australia's Mental Health Services are subject to an NDIS Worker Screening clearance, a National Criminal History Check, a WWCC, previous employment reference checks, satisfactory Australian residency status and other background checks. All successful applicants will be asked to provide evidence they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including booster) prior to commencement, inline with Flourish Australia’s Vaccination Policy.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete the questions below. You will then be asked to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis, apply today!