Psychiatrist - Private Practitioner
Castle Hill & Parramatta
We are looking for a Psychiatrist to join us for an immediate start as an independent contractor, running your own client caseload.
- Based between both Castle Hill and Parramatta
- Contracted position (1 year with further availability)
- Flexible to fit your availability
- Working 1 afternoon per week (5 hours)
- Eligible to provide medicare services
Join the team at headspace!
headspace works from an early intervention and prevention framework with young people and their families who have emerging mental health issues. We deliver four core services which include general health, mental health support, vocational services, and alcohol and other drug services.
We’re looking for a Psychiatrist who loves working with young people and families to join our welcoming, and well-resourced team!
In addition to relevant qualifications and experience along with a medicare provider number, we are seeking to find like-minded individuals who are enthusiastic, cooperative team players and positive contributors to the headspace culture. We are very proud of our culture and would love to find individuals who continue to support this.
More information about headspace can be found at: www.headspace.org.au
Salary and Benefits
We are a bulk-billing psychology practice that provides tele-health & onsite services. As a contracted role - we offer a flat rate that is highly competitive, despite being a bulk billing service. You will enjoy the benefits of:
- Flexible hours and consult with maximum 4 clients a day.
- Complete administrative and clinical support to book and case manage clients outside of the therapeutic space.
- Access to an experienced multi-disciplinary team including a GP, nurse, psychologist, social worker, financial counsellor, vocational specialist, drug and alcohol specialist, family and parent counsellors for young people to engage with.
- Access to free and regular training and development on a range of different topics including trauma, DBT, ACT, neuro-diversity, LGBTQIA+, DV and family violence.
- Access to regular clinical supervision, individual and group.
- Access to regular consultation and complex clinical review with a team of experienced psychologists, social workers, nurses, GPs, psychiatrists, dietitians and other specialised disciplines.
- Team building and social events on a regular basis (voluntary).
About the Role
The consultant headspace psychiatrist role operates as a private contractor and as a compliment to headspace’s holistic care model.
The psychiatrist completes general mental health assessments to provide treatment and intervention recommendations to the primary team who lead the care for the young person. The consultant psychiatrist is able to provide pharmacological treatment where appropriate with the assistance of an internal GP and nurse to provide monitoring and ongoing coordination.
The consultant psychiatrist works with young people, their families, carers/friends and the treating clinical team to work towards the highest quality of person-centred care.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Provide appropriate, high quality, recovery oriented clinical assessment and care to young people their families and carers/friends.
- Complete clear written communication and handover to referring GPs.
- Complete high quality clinical notes in the online records system.
- Attend weekly on-site meetings to discuss shared care and recommendations with the clinical team.
- Complete data entry requirements to ensure accurate reporting.
We would love to meet you if you have direct clinical experience with:
- Young People
- Cultural Diversity
- LGBTIQ+ communities
- Eating Disorders
Able to develop rapport with young people, and families.
Calm, flexible and punctual.
Comfortable with commitment and desire to establish a client base amongst a caring team.
Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work within a team.
Sound knowledge of the impact of mental illness on young people and the ability to provide a positive impact on their wellbeing in a youth-friendly manner
Your Qualifications & Experience
Mandatory specialist qualification in psychiatry registrable or eligible for registration with AHPRA.
At least 12-months experience working with young people (aged 12-25 years old) in a mental health setting
Registered Medicare Provider
Demonstrated experience of practice in community settings
Well-developed evidence-based, clinical skills working with young people and their families – including assessment
Working with Children's Check and Police Check
All successful applicants will be asked to provide evidence they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including booster) prior to commencement.
Whilst headspace fully supports early career, on this instance please only apply if you are fully registered or accredited and have a Medicare provider number with experience.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete the questions below. You will then be asked to attach a copy of your resume and cover letter on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.
Our ad will be running for 30 days, and we will interview as we receive applications. Only applications from qualified psychiatrists will be considered.
For more information contact Holly Greenlees, Clinical and Operations Manager. E: email@example.com (please do not email applications)