Allied Health Clinicians
Flourish Australia has multiple new opportunities for Allied Health Clinicians to join our new Queanbeyan Mental Health Hub team!
The positions available are:
- Closed-term full-time ending 30 June 2025 (76 hrs/fortnight)
- Working a rotating roster
- Based at Queanbeyan
- Suitable for an experienced Mental Health Nurse, Registered Psychologist, or Social Worker
- Attractive remuneration package from $82,000 - $93,500 p.a. (commensurate with experience) + 11% Super + Salary Packaging!
About the Opportunities
As an Allied Health Clinician with the Queanbeyan Mental Health Hub, you will provide evidence-based assessment to inform individual formulation and care plans. You will work collaboratively with people accessing the service and their families to develop individual recovery plans that are person centred and committed to achieving individual therapeutic goals.
We are seeking a highly motivated and organised person to facilitate excellence in integrated holistic health care, with the goal of improving outcomes for people accessing the service and the wider community.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Deliver evidence-based interventions in line with the Medicare Better Access model within therapeutic context.
- Reporting directly to the Clinical and Operations Manager, you will participate in clinical decisions about treatment planning, assessment, risk management and working with other stakeholders and services.
- Build and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external service providers
- Report on individual progress with people accessing the service during case discussions/ team meetings and also formally using relevant relevant data systems.
- Write professional reports and maintain progress notes on an ongoing bases using electronic databases.
- Actively assist in progressing the growth and development of the service, in line with the Strategic Plan and client demand.
For further information on the Allied Health Clinician role, please read the Position Description.
Please note - Successful candidates must maintain a Class C drivers license and proof of comprehensive insurance must be provided when required. You may be directed to use your private motor vehicle in the course of performing your duties when an organisational pool motor vehicle is unavailable. You will receive the Travelling Transport and Fares Allowance when using your private vehicle for work related purposes.
Who we are
Flourish Australia is one of Australia’s most experienced community mental health organisations. Our purpose is to support people to flourish, believe in their futures, and become contributing members of the community.
Our services are comprehensive and highly personalised because each person’s experience will be different and their needs, as an individual, are unique. Together we set goals, connect individuals with the right people, support services and opportunities to meet their needs.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to the participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities, LGBTQ+ communities and mature age candidates.
- Possession of tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work or Mental Health Nursing.
- At least 3 years post qualification clinical experience
- Membership of an appropriate professional body (including AHPRA, AASW, PACFA) as a registered or endorsed Psychologist, accredited Social Worker, Mental Health Nurse; and eligibility to register with Medicare Australia as an MBS Primary Care provider or an Allied Mental Health Professional provider.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake assessment and initial screening activities to determine individual care needs, provide counselling, produce assessment reports, and assist people accessing the service to access necessary services.
- Able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of recovery focused practice.
- Have a clear understanding and/or knowledge of the concept and impact of mental health issues in the community.
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence
- A personal lived experience of a mental health issue.
- Direct clinical experience with young people and families, including those from culturally diverse backgrounds, and LGBTQI communities.
- Eligibility to provide clinical supervision.
For further information, please contact Matthew Whitland, Manager. E: Matthew.Whitland@flourishaustralia.org.au (please do not email applications)
Flourish Australia recognises and values its people as demonstrated by:
- Attractive remuneration equivalent to HPSS Level 3 + 11% Super!
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900
- Generous leave provisions including 17.5% leave loading and 2 additional days of personal leave + extra day paid leave over Christmas/New Year + paid parental leave
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
- Opportunities for career progression, professional development and training such as Mental Health First Aid and ASIST
- Employee Assistance Program for confidential wellbeing support
- Regular supervision (reflective practice), ongoing 1:1 mentoring, strong team support and a comprehensive induction program
- Inclusive initiatives such as our Rainbow Network and YarnUp for Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander staff
- Personal Fleet pricing discounts with our preferred automotive supplier
- Employee discounts at 350+ popular retailers (Woolworths, Expedia, Myer, Kmart etc)
All appointments with Flourish Australia's Mental Health Services are subject to an NDIS Worker Screening clearance, a National Criminal History Check, a WWCC, previous employment reference checks, satisfactory Australian residency status and other background checks. All successful applicants will be asked to provide evidence they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including booster) prior to commencement, inline with Flourish Australia’s Vaccination Policy.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete all the questions asked. You will then be required to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.