Registered Psychologists / Accredited Mental Health Social Workers
Due to high demand, we are looking for registered psychologists or accredited mental health social workers to join us for an immediate start as independent contractors, running their own client caseload. You let us know your preferred hours and we will work to fill your calendar!
- Located in Parramatta (open Monday to Friday)
- Opportunities for remote working
- Contracted position (1 year with further availability)
- Flexible to fit your availability
- Ideally someone looking to commence with 1-3 days a week
- Eligible to provide medicare services
Join the team at headspace!
headspace works from an early intervention and prevention framework with young people and their families who have emerging mental health issues. We deliver four core services which include general health, mental health support, vocational services, and alcohol and other drug services.
We’re looking for Registered Psychologists or Accredited Mental Health Social Workers who love working with young people and families to join our welcoming, and well-resourced team!
In addition to relevant qualifications and experience along with a medicare provider number, we are seeking to find like-minded individuals who are enthusiastic, cooperative team players and positive contributors to the headspace culture. We are very proud of our culture and would love to find individuals who continue to support this.
More information about headspace can be found at: www.headspace.org.au
Salary and Benefits
We are a bulk-billing psychology practice that provides tele-health & onsite services. As a contracted role - we offer a flat rate that is highly competitive, despite being a bulk billing service. You will enjoy the benefits of:
- Access to free psychiatrist assessment, review and consultation for your clients.
- Flexible hours and consult with maximum 6 clients a day.
- Complete administrative and clinical support to book and case manage clients outside of the therapeutic space.
- Access to an experienced multi-disciplinary team including a GP, nurse, dietitian, financial counsellor, vocational specialist, drug and alcohol specialist, family and parent counsellors for young people to engage with.
- Access to free and regular training and development on a range of different topics including trauma, DBT, ACT, neuro-diversity, LGBTQIA+, DV and family violence.
- Access to regular clinical supervision, individual and group.
- Access to regular consultation and complex clinical review with a team of experienced psychologists, social workers, nurses, GPs, psychiatrists, dietitians and other specialised disciplines.
- Team building and social events on a regular basis (voluntary).
About the Role
To offer young people and families presenting with a variety of psychological difficulties and disorders high-level clinical services both in-person and via telehealth.
- Commitment to achieving therapeutic goals using effective evidence-based treatment strategies.
- Assessment and potential diagnosis using psychometric tools.
- Participation in clinical decisions about treatment planning, assessment, risk management and working with other services.
- Client related work – e.g. GP letters/Reports
- Participate in supervision and peer supervision
- Work within a team environment, and under broad direction
- Liaise with external providers as needed e.g. GP, NDIS, Schools
- As a contracted practitioner, you receive referrals from the headspace team, and we will provide full comprehensive administration support and case management.
We would love to meet you if you have direct clinical experience with:
- Young People
- Cultural Diversity
- LGBTIQ+ communities
- Eating Disorders
Able to develop rapport with young people, and families.
Calm, flexible and punctual.
Comfortable with commitment and desire to establish a client base amongst a caring team.
Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work within a team.
Sound knowledge of the impact of mental illness on young people and the ability to provide a positive impact on their wellbeing in a youth-friendly manner
Your Qualifications & Experience
Registered Psychologist OR Clinical Psychologist with AHPRA, OR Accredited Mental Health Social Worker with AASW or PACFA or ACA.
Registered Medicare Provider (see here for eligibility)
Two years+ of post-graduate clinical experience with young people or within mental health in diverse settings including (e.g. bio-psychosocial assessments, risk assessments and providing focused psychological intervention).
Working with Children's Check and Police Check
- All successful applicants will be asked to provide evidence they are fully vaccination against COVID-19 (including booster) prior to commencement.
Whilst headspace fully supports early career and provisional psychologists and social workers, on this instance please only apply if you are fully registered or accredited and have a Medicare provider number with direct psychological intervention experience.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete the questions below. You will then be asked to attach a copy of your resume and cover letter on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.
Our ad will be running for 30 days, and we will interview as we receive applications. Only applications from registered psychologists or accredited mental health social workers will be considered.
For more information contact Amanda Baxter, Senior Clinical Manager. E: Amanda.email@example.com (please do not email applications)