Training and Assessment Coordinator
Flourish Australia has an exciting new opportunity for a Training and Assessment Coordinator to join our Harris Park Community Business!
The position available is full-time working Monday to Friday. The vacancy is classified at Level 4 on the Flourish Australia Enterprise Agreement (2018).
About the Community Businesses
- Social: to create a recovery and reintegration pathway for people with mental health issues through various employment activities.
- Economic: to operate the business on a commercially sustainable basis of profitable growth whilst simultaneously offering employment opportunities for people.
- Product: to provide a range of commercial industry-standard products that meet the expectations and needs of targeted markets.
- Support: to increase awareness of mental health issues and to encourage businesses to support the Community Businesses.
As the Training and Assessment Coordinator, you will:
- Provide vocational support and training for supported employees
- Develop, deliver and coordinate individualised training options for supported employees
- Ensure all supported employees have appropriate Individual Employment Plans that identify vocational goals
- Design and deliver evidence based training opportunities for each supported employee to meet their goals through individual and group activities
- Coordinate training activities to be delivered by Supervisors and support staff
- Conduct induction & orientation program for new employees
- Organise and coordinate employee’s workplace meetings
For more information about what it means to be a Training and Assessment Coordinator with Flourish Australia, please review the Position Description.
Who we are
Flourish Australia operates social enterprises and community businesses with the purpose of creating sustainable employment, vocational and training opportunities for people with mental health issues. We work in local communities to help people on their mental health recovery journey.
Our services are comprehensive and highly personalised because each person’s experience will be different and their needs, as an individual, are unique. Together we set goals, connect individuals with the right people, support services and opportunities to meet their needs.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to the participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds, people from CALD and LGBTI communities and mature age candidates.
- Minimum of 3-years experience in delivering person led vocational training programs.
- Qualifications in occupational therapy, training and assessment, employment services, or related education fields.
- Vocational training and assessment experience, preferably within a mental health sector setting.
- Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal organisational skills.
- Demonstrable facilitation, presentation, mentoring and training skills.
- Demonstrable self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and ability to fully utilise the client information management system.
- Current Australian Driver's Licence.
- A personal lived experience of a mental health issue.
- Demonstrated understanding of the challenges faced by people with a lived experience of severe and persistent mental illness and how providing a recovery-oriented service is of benefit to people.
- A First Aid certificate.
For further information, please contact Mihaela Stanculescu, Site Manager, Community Businesses. E: firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not email applications)
All appointments with Flourish Australia's Mental Health Services are subject to an NDIS Worker Screening clearance, a National Criminal History Check, a Working With Children Check, previous employment reference checks, satisfactory Australian residency status and other background checks.
- Superannuation, leave loading and salary packaging available up to $15,900
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
- Comprehensive infrastructure including mobile phones and other resources for work purposes
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete all the questions asked. You will then be required to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.
Applications close 5pm 1st July.