General Hand - Cleaner
Flourish Australia has multiple opportunities for General Hands - Cleaners to join the Community Businesses working with the St Marys team!
The positions available are closed-term part-time ending May 2022. The successful candidates will be working a rotating roster including weekends and evening shifts. All available positions are classified at Grade 3 on the SES Award.
About the Community Businesses
- Social: to create a recovery and reintegration pathway for people with mental health issues through various employment activities.
- Economic: to operate the business on a commercially sustainable basis of profitable growth whilst simultaneously offering employment opportunities for people.
- Product: to provide a range of commercial industry-standard products that meet the expectations and needs of targeted markets.
- Support: to increase awareness of mental health issues and to encourage businesses to support the Community Businesses.
As a General Hand - Cleaner, you will:
- Ensure all daily and periodical cleaning is completed to the correct standards.
- Adhere to protocol concerning the cleaning of buildings and rooms.
- Provide cleaning services in a flexible manner so as not to disrupt the duties of other employees in their work.
- Regularly assist Supported Employees in the performance of their cleaning duties.
- Act as a role model for people with diverse levels of aptitude and expertise who are developing vocational cleaning skills
For more information about what it means to be a General Hand - Cleaner with Flourish Australia, please review the Position Description.
Who we are
Flourish Australia operates social enterprises and community businesses with the purpose of creating sustainable employment, vocational and training opportunities for people with mental health issues. We work in local communities to help people on their mental health recovery journey.
Our services are comprehensive and highly personalised because each person’s experience will be different and their needs, as an individual, are unique. Together we set goals, connect individuals with the right people, support services and opportunities to meet their needs.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds, people from CALD and LGBTI communities and mature age candidates.
- Relevant qualifications in cleaning (or willingness to obtain).
- Have a demonstrated understanding of cleaning techniques and equipment in a commercial &/or domestic setting.
- Well-developed verbal communication skills.
- Able to work empathetically with people with a mental health issue or psychosocial disability.
- Ability to work with common sense and proceed with minimal supervision.
- A Current Australian Driver’s Licence
- Understanding of the challenges faced by people with a lived experience of mental health issues and how providing a recovery-oriented service is of benefit to people.
All appointments with Flourish Australia's Mental Health Services are subject to an NDIS Worker Screening clearance, a National Criminal History Check, a Working With Children Check, previous employment reference checks, satisfactory Australian residency status and other background checks.
About the Benefits
- SES Award Grade 3
- Learning and development opportunities
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
For more information, please contact Sue O'Rourke, Cluster Manager Community Businesses. E: firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not email applications)
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete the questions below. You will then be asked to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.
Applications close 5pm 1st July.