Administration Support Officers - headspace
Large 'For Purpose' organisation
Enjoy family-friendly and flexible working conditions
The role is suited to a caring and understanding individual with administration experience
headspace Bankstown has an exciting opportunity for two Administration Support Officers to join the team! The positions available are:
- Full-time working Monday to Friday
About the Opportunity
headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation supporting young people aged 12-25 years with their mental & general health care needs. headspace provides young people with the opportunity to seek help early. headspace brings together local health services under the one roof making it easier for young people and their families to find the information they need.
In this role, you will be responsible for being the first point of contact for inquiries, as well as providing a broad range of administrative support functions for the headspace Bankstown team including:
- Providing day to day office assistance to the operations of headspace
- Providing a full range of reception services, including meeting and greeting of visitors whilst maintaining a clean, safe and inviting environment for visitors
- Making appointments for young people to see clinicians, including SMS reminders and maintaining waiting lists
- Processing MBS claims and coordinating the Medicare billing and client booking system
- Performing duties as the main point of contact for the office for all administrative matters, and as otherwise specified by the Clinical & Operations Manager and/or the Clinical Practice Manager
This role requires that you be the first point of contact for young people who are often in crisis so it is essential that you have a high level of emotional intelligence and are comfortable working around children and youth.
For more information about what it means to be an Administration Support Officer, please review the Position Description.
About headspace and Flourish Australia
One in four young people have experienced a mental health issue in the past 12 months – a higher prevalence than all other age groups. headspace provides early intervention mental health services to young people who present with mental health issues, along with assistance in promoting young peoples’ wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support and alcohol and other drug services. More information about headspace can be found at: www.headspace.org.au
Flourish Australia has a long and proud history of providing recovery-oriented mental health services in Australia. We offer a range of services to meet the different needs of those with a lived experience of a mental health issue. This includes help with finding a home that is safe and secure, assistance with training and getting a job, or encouragement to develop friendships and learn new things.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to the participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds, people from CALD and LGBTI communities and mature age candidates.
- Possession of qualifications in business management, administration, finance, or human resources
- Minimum 3 years experience in an administrative role, preferably within the community services sector
- Ability to demonstrate an in depth knowledge of allied health/medical practice management
- A clear understanding and knowledge of Medicare billing, Electronic Medical Records, and the Australian health system
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
You will be a caring and understanding individual, with strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, as well as effective organisational skills, good problem solving skills and the ability to work in challenging situations. You will also be able to demonstrate a practical and optimistic approach and the ability to work effectively within a team environment as well as independently.
For more information contact Emely Tuncdoruk, Clinical and Operations Manager headspace Services. E: email@example.com (please do not email applications).
About the Benefits
The successful applicant will join an organisation that recognises and values its people as demonstrated by:
- Attractive hourly rates;
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions; and
- Career development opportunities.
Appointments will be subject to Australian residency/visa, satisfactory National Criminal Record checks, the Working With Children Check and suitable work referees.
We are actively observing COVID safe work practices and have implemented further flexible working arrangements. We encourage you to get in touch with the listed contact if you have any questions or concerns.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete the questions below. You will then be asked to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.
Applications close 5pm 27th June (this date may be brought forward if necessary)