NDIS Mental Health Access Officer
Flourish Australia has an exciting opportunity for a NDIS Mental Health Access Officer to join the Connect and Thrive program within the Sydney Cluster!
The position available is:
- Closed-term full-time until 31 December 2021
- Monday to Friday
- Level 4 on the Flourish Australia Enterprise Agreement (2018)
About the Opportunity
The NDIS Mental Health Access Officer role aims to streamline the means by which people living with a psychosocial disability access the NDIS. You will identify people accessing the Connect and Thrive program who are eligible to access the NDIS and support them to navigate all stages of the NDIS process effectively.
As the NDIS Mental Health Access Officer with the Connect and Thrive program, you will also be required to collaborate with a multitude of service systems to create an integrated model of care. You will collaborate with the NDIA, Mental Health Services, NDIS Providers and other Health and Disability staff to support access to appropriate services and ensure people are connected to the NDIS and the supports they will benefit from.
To find out more about what it means to be a NDIS Mental Health Access Officer, please read the Position Description.
Please note - Successful candidates must maintain a Class C drivers license and proof of comprehensive insurance must be provided when required. You may be directed to use your private motor vehicle when an organisational pool motor vehicle is unavailable. You will receive the Travelling Transport and Fares Allowance when using your private vehicle for work related purposes.
Who we are
Flourish Australia is one of Australia’s most experienced community mental health organisations. Our purpose is to support people to flourish, believe in their futures, and become contributing members of the community.
Our services are comprehensive and highly personalised because each person’s experience will be different and their needs, as an individual, are unique. Together we set goals, connect individuals with the right people, support services and opportunities to meet their needs.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to the participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds, people from CALD and LGBTI communities and mature age candidates.
To be successful in this role you will have a strong understanding of the NDIS and relevant supports available in the network. You will bring strong organisation skills, and the ability to monitor and streamline the progress of participants through all stages of the NDIS process. You will also possess the ability to work sensitively with people living with a psychosocial disability, their families and carers.
In addition, you will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in human services or relevant field OR relevant Certificate IV in mental health related discipline.
- Excellent administration skills and at least 2 years experience in mental health related field as recognise by Flourish Australia.
- Demonstrated experience with facilitating multi-disciplinary coordinated planning.
- Demonstrated experience working with people with psychosocial disability and supporting them to access and utilise the NDIS.
- Demonstrated ability to build the capacity of staff, through training of groups and coaching of individuals.
- Strong time management and organisational skills and proven capacity to prioritise work commitments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Current Australian Driver's Licence.
For further information, please contact Laurence Gagnon, Manager. E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
- Career development opportunities
All appointments with Flourish Australia's Mental Health Services are subject to an NDIS Worker Screening clearance, a National Criminal History Check, a Working With Children Check, previous employment reference checks, satisfactory Australian residency status and other background checks.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete all the questions asked. You will then be required to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.
Applications close 5pm 21st June.