Flourish Australia has an exciting opportunity for a Supervisor (ADE) to join our Community Businesses Prestige Packing team at Marrickville!
The position available is full-time working Monday to Friday. This position is classified at Grade 5 (Supervisor) on the SES Award.
Aims of the Community Businesses
- Social: to create a recovery and reintegration pathway for people with mental health issues through various employment activities.
- Economic: to operate the business on a commercially sustainable basis of profitable growth whilst simultaneously offering employment opportunities for people.
- Product: to provide a range of commercial industry-standard products that meet the expectations and needs of targeted markets.
- Support: to increase awareness of mental health issues and to encourage businesses to support the Community Businesses.
As the Supervisor (ADE) you will:
- Ensure that efficient and quality work is carried out whilst ensuring employees' and business service satisfaction
- Plan and direct daily production activities to ensure that operations are efficient, effective and meet the organisation's requirements
- Provide employees with the training, support and resources they require to efficiently complete their tasks in a safe environment, in compliance with the terms of the Enterprise Agreement, Disability Service Standards, Workplace Health and Safety legislation and other relevant requirements
This position also has a hands-on component that requires Supervisors to work alongside employees (as required) and to assist the team to meet production targets and gain access to training and development opportunities.
For more information on what it means to be a Supervisor (ADE) with Flourish Australia, please read the Position Description.
Please note - Successful candidates must maintain a Class C drivers license and proof of comprehensive insurance must be provided when required. You may be directed to use your private motor vehicle in the course of performing your duties when an organisational pool motor vehicle is unavailable. You will receive the Travelling Transport and Fares Allowance when using your private vehicle for work related purposes.
Who we are
Flourish Australia operates social enterprises and community businesses with the purpose of creating sustainable employment, vocational and training opportunities for people with mental health issues. We work in local communities to help people on their mental health recovery journey.
Our services are comprehensive and highly personalised because each person’s experience will be different and their needs, as an individual, are unique. Together we set goals, connect individuals with the right people, support services and opportunities to meet their needs.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds, people from CALD and LGBTI communities and mature age candidates.
- Well-developed communication, negotiation, and advocacy skills.
- Confidence to successfully work with and motivate a team.
- Ability to work and proceed with minimal supervision.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and the client information management system.
- Demonstrated understanding of the challenges faced by people with a lived experience of mental health issues.
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence.
- Current class LF forklift license, or be willing to obtain.
- Certificate IV Non-Clinical Mental Health.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
For more information, please contact Warwick Poulton, Site Manager. E: firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not email applications)
About the Benefits
- SES Award Grade 5 (Supervisor)
- Tax-free salary packaging available up to $15,900
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete the questions below. You will then be asked to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.
Applications close 5pm 21st June.