Team Coordinator & Team Coordinator, Peer Specialist
Exciting opportunity for a Team Coordinator or Team Coordinator - Peer Specialist to join our Activity Centres based at Surry Hills!
The position available is:
- Full-time (76 hrs/fortnight)
- Monday to Friday
- Classified at Level 4 on the Flourish Australia Enterprise Agreement (2018)
About the Role
As a Team Coordinator and Team Coordinator - Peer Specialist with Flourish Australia, you will assist the manager in providing supervision and guidance to staff. You will support and develop the skills of staff through the provision of in-service training. In addition, you will assist the manager with program implementation, rosters and timesheets where necessary.
You will also have a hands-on role with frontline service delivery, working directly with people with a lived experience of a mental health issue in mental health contract programs and NDIS programs. You will lead by example by taking a hands-on approach in providing person led recovery-oriented and trauma informed service that best supports people to live in the community.
In addition, the Team Coordinator - Peer Specialist will use lived experience and personal recovery to mentor people with a lived experience of a mental health issue. You will apply recovery knowledge in your role and peer work philosophies. You will be required to use your lived experience openly to build professional relationships and reciprocity with the people you support, while maintaining appropriate professional boundaries.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Work with integrity and within the ethos and value systems of peer support.
- Support the manager to implement programs, policies and local procedures and also with the planning and coordination of a program or project (when required).
- Provide day-to-day supervision and support of lower or similar classified employees.
- Provide My Plan supervision and reflective practice with lower or similar classified employees.
- Have excellent knowledge of statutory and legal requirements and exercise this knowledge with lower classified staff.
- Facilitate discussions regarding the individual needs and goals of each person accessing Flourish Australia’s services and collaboratively develop, implement and monitor an individual plan that meets these needs.
- Encourage people to develop skills which will meet their needs. These may include domestic skills, social skills, independence skills, and skills to enter education and/or employment.
- Ensure that individual support is provided to a person that accesses Flourish Australia services that meets their recovery journey goals and is strengths based and led by the person wherever possible.
For more information, please review the Team Coordinator or Team Coordinator - Peer Specialist position description and the Peer Worker Information statement “What You Should Consider Before Becoming A Peer Worker”.
Please note - Successful candidates must maintain a Class C drivers license and proof of comprehensive insurance must be provided when required. You may be directed to use your private motor vehicle in the course of performing your duties when an organisational pool motor vehicle is unavailable. You will receive the Travelling Transport and Fares Allowance when using your private vehicle for work related purposes.
Who we are
Flourish Australia is one of Australia’s most experienced community mental health organisations. Our purpose is to support people to flourish, believe in their futures, and become contributing members of the community.
Our services are comprehensive and highly personalised because each person’s experience will be different and their needs, as an individual, are unique. Together we set goals, connect individuals with the right people, support services and opportunities to meet their needs.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to the participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds, people from CALD and LGBTI communities and mature age candidates.
- A relevant Certificate IV or above in a relevant field.
- At least 3 years experience working in the community in a mental health setting.
- A strong commitment to, and advanced understanding of, recovery-based practice in the workplace.
- Excellent knowledge of the local area and its health services and other community services.
- A strong understanding of the challenges faced by people with a lived experience of a mental health issue.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role and in providing support and/or supervision to lower classified staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge Microsoft Office and advanced knowledge of data information management systems.
- Maintain a current Australian Driver’s Licence.
For further information, please contact James Austin, Manager. E: firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not email applications).
All appointments with Flourish Australia's Mental Health Services are subject to an NDIS Worker Screening clearance, a National Criminal History Check, a Working With Children Check, previous employment reference checks, satisfactory Australian residency status and other background checks.
- Attractive hourly rates
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
- Career development opportunities
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete the questions asked. You will then be required to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.
Applications close 5pm 11th June.