Flourish Australia has multiple exciting opportunities for Support Coordinators to join our Marrickville team!
The positions available are:
- Closed-term full-time ending 30 June 2022
- Monday to Friday
You will be based at our Marrickville office and provide support coordination services across the Marrickville and Bankstown area. All positions are classified at Level 4 on the Flourish Australia Enterprise Agreement (2018)
About the Opportunities
Support Coordination aims to support people with a permanent and significant disability that affects their ability to take part in everyday activities. As a Support Coordinator, you will establish a positive collaborative relationship with the person and their support network. You will assist the person to identify, link with, and coordinate supports in their local communities, to build skills, overcome barriers and achieve goals.
In this role, you will give people more choice and control over how, when and where those supports are provided. You will be fundamental in the implementation of the person's plans and the achievement of their goals. In this position, you will also be required to ensure that people who have expressed an interest in accessing the NDIS and/or receiving support from Flourish Australia are engaged and supported to access suitable services.
For more information about what it means to be a Support Coordinator with Flourish Australia, please review the Position Description.
Please note - Successful candidates must maintain a Class C drivers license and proof of comprehensive insurance must be provided when required. You may be directed to use your private motor vehicle in the course of performing your duties when an organisational pool motor vehicle is unavailable. You will receive the Travelling Transport and Fares Allowance when using your private vehicle for work related purposes.
Who we are
Flourish Australia is one of Australia’s most experienced community mental health organisations. Our purpose is to support people to flourish, believe in their futures, and become contributing members of the community.
Our services are comprehensive and highly personalised because each person’s experience will be different and their needs, as an individual, are unique. Together we set goals, connect individuals with the right people, support services and opportunities to meet their needs.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds, people from CALD and LGBTI communities and mature age candidates.
To be successful in this role you will have a strong understanding of the NDIS and relevant supports available in the regional network, be proficient with technology and have a workable knowledge of databases. You also need to be able to effectively utilise NDIS packages while also obtaining knowledge of all Flourish Australia programs. You should also bring strong time management and organisational skills and proven capacity to prioritise work commitments.
In addition you will possess:
- A diploma or degree in the behavioural sciences or a health-related discipline.
- Demonstrated time management skills including prioritisation of competing tasks and the ability to work innovatively to solve complex issues.
- Demonstrated understanding of the challenges faced by people with a lived experience of a mental health issue and how providing a recovery oriented service is of benefit to people.
- Understanding of the public sector and community based service systems relevant to people with a lived experience of a mental health issue and psychosocial disability and demonstrated experience navigating such systems and using influence to achieve positive results.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of support and coordination for people with a lived experience of a mental health issue.
- Demonstrated strong communication, advocacy and interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, facilitate outcomes and prepare correspondence & reports in clear and concise language.
- Current Australian Driver's Licence.
All appointments with Flourish Australia's Mental Health Services are subject to an NDIS Worker Screening clearance, a National Criminal History Check, a Working With Children Check, previous employment reference checks, satisfactory Australian residency status and other background checks.
For further information, please contact Laurence Gagnon, Manager. E: email@example.com (please do not email applications)
Flourish Australia recognises and values its people as demonstrated by:
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
- Career development opportunities
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete all the questions asked. You will then be required to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.