Support Coordinator Vacancy
Flourish Australia has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Support Coordinator to join the team at Seven Hills!
The position available is closed-term full-time until 30 June 2020 working as part of the Primary Care Psychiatric Liaison Service (PC-PLS) program. The successful candidate will be required to work Monday - Friday and will be classified as Level 4 on the Flourish Australia Enterprise Agreement (2018).
About the Opportunity
As a Support Coordinator, you will work within this ground breaking program in Western Sydney. In partnership with WentWest - Western Sydney Primary Health Network, you will work along side our Psychiatrists and Peer Workers to support to a select group of General Practitioners in medical practices across Western Sydney. You'll be involved in an innovative clinical program based in a primary health care setting, emphasising prevention, early intervention and mental health recovery. Using your expertise and knowledge of the local area you will complement the clinical program by providing support coordination when required to people accessing GP services.
By supporting at least 10 GP Practices to identify and better support people with a lived experience of a mental health issue, their families and carers, you will build the capacity of GPs and practice staff to identify and better manage mental health issues. You will participate in case conferences alongside the Psychiatrists and General Practitioners in the Western Sydney Area and the resultant improvement in community engagement will come as a direct result of your work and dedication.
You will contribute to the learnings of other Support Coordinators by sharing your specific knowledge and expertise gained in the primary care space.
Who we are
Our name reflects our fundamental and enduring commitment to people's mental health and wellbeing, supporting them to flourish, believe in their future and their place in the community.
People are at the centre of everything we do at Flourish Australia – they’re our heart and soul. We reflect this through the language we use, our pride and belief in our team and our respect and understanding of those with a lived experience of a mental health issue.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds, people from CALD and LGBTI communities and mature age candidates.
To be successful in this role you will have a strong understanding of the NDIS and relevant supports available in the regional network, be proficient with technology and have a workable knowledge of databases. You also need to be able to effectively utilise NDIS packages while also obtaining knowledge of all Flourish Australia programs. You should also bring strong time management and organisational skills and proven capacity to prioritise work commitments.
In addition you will possess:
- A diploma or degree in the behavioural sciences or a health-related discipline.
- Demonstrated time management skills including prioritisation of competing tasks and the ability to work innovatively to solve complex issues.
- Demonstrated understanding of the challenges faced by people with a lived experience of a mental health issue and how providing a recovery oriented service is of benefit to people.
- Understanding of the public sector and community based service systems relevant to people with a lived experience of a mental health issue and psychosocial disability and demonstrated experience navigating such systems and using influence to achieve positive results.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of support and coordination for people with a lived experience of a mental health issue.
- Demonstrated strong communication, advocacy and interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, facilitate outcomes and prepare correspondence & reports in clear and concise language.
- Current Australian Driver's Licence.
Please note - Successful candidates must maintain a Class C driver’s licence as you may be directed to use your private motor vehicle in the course of performing your duties when an organisational pool motor vehicle is not available. Proof of comprehensive insurance must be provided when required. You will receive payment of the Travelling Transport and Fares Allowance when using your private vehicle for work related purposes.
For more information about what it means to be a Support Coordinator with Flourish Australia, please review the Position Description.
Flourish Australia recognises and values its people as demonstrated by:
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
- Comprehensive infrastructure including fleet motor vehicles, mobile phones and laptops for work purposes;
- Career development opportunities.
For further information, please contact Elizabeth Harlow, Manager. E: firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not email applications)
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete all the questions asked. You will then be required to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.