Clinical Lead - headspace
headspace Broken Hill has an exciting opportunity for a motivated Clinical Lead to join the team! The position is full-time (76 hours per fortnight) working Monday to Friday and is classified as Level 4 on the HPPS Award.
About the Opportunity
As the headspace Broken Hill Clinical Lead, you will work under the direction of the Manager and lead the development and growth of headspace Broken Hill.
The Clinical Lead will be responsible for:
- Overseeing and managing the headspace Broken Hill service to improve outcomes for young people accessing the service and the wider community
- Collaborating with the young person to develop person-centred individual recovery plans while assisting them to drive their own recovery plan
- Overseeing the implementation of clinical services and contributing to program/research development to ensure service integrity and quality
We are seeking a highly motivated and dynamic person to facilitate excellence in integrated holistic health care, with the goal of improving outcomes for young people who access the service and the wider community.
For more information about what it means to be a Clinical Lead, please review the position description.
About headspace and Flourish Australia
One in four young people have experienced a mental health issue in the past 12 months – a higher prevalence than all other age groups. headspace Broken Hill, is funded by the Western NSW Primary Health Network to provide youth-friendly, early intervention mental health support for young people aged 12-25 years who present with mild to moderate mental health issues. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support and alcohol and other drug services.
More information about headspace can be found at: www.headspace.org.au
Flourish Australia has a long and proud history of providing recovery-oriented mental health services in Australia. We offer a range of services to meet the different needs of those with a lived experience of a mental health issue in the community. This ranges from individual and group support and activities to dedicated programs for specific areas of need.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds, people from CALD and LGBTI communities and mature age candidates.
For more information contact Tom Traae, Senior Clinical Manager. E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointments will be subject to Australian residency/visa, satisfactory National Criminal Record checks, the Working With Children Check and suitable work referees.
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Nursing, Occupational Therapy or other allied health discipline recognised by the tertiary mental health services sector; and eligibility for membership of an appropriate professional body; and eligibility to register with Medicare Australia as an MBS Primary Care provider or an Allied Mental Health Professional provider.
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively engage in leadership and management processes, including multidisciplinary and/or cross sector initiatives, and partnerships with a wide range of professionals, organisations and stakeholders.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to engage with, establish and maintain effective relationships.
- Experience in direct service provision to young people.
- Demonstrated experience in the participation of clinical systems including the implementation and review of Clinical Governance Models, privacy and confidentiality principles.
- Understanding of the Australian health care system, key issues in primary health care and the mental health service system.
- Knowledge of Broken Hill youth/health sectors.
About the Benefits
The successful applicant will join an organisation that recognises and values its people as demonstrated by:
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900;
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions;
- Career development opportunities; and
- Comprehensive infrastructure including fleet motor vehicles, mobile phones and other resources for work purposes.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete the questions below. You will then be asked to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.