Leichhardt & Ashbury
- Management role within a sector leading organisation
- Person led recovery focused service
- Attractive $$ including the option to salary package
Flourish Australia has an excellent opportunity for a Manager (Level 2) to oversee operations within our Ashbury and Leichhardt offices!
This is a full-time (38 hours per week) position working Monday-Friday with some on call responsibilities.
About the Opportunity
As a Manager with Flourish Australia, your role is to achieve Flourish Australia’s vision by providing a high quality and responsive recovery oriented service that best supports people with a lived experience of mental health issues to achieve their hopes and dreams.
Reporting directly to the Senior Cluster Manager, you will work with people who access Flourish Australia to achieve their full potential by getting the best out of your team. You will achieve this by working with integrity and in a professional manner with the people who access Flourish Australia, your team, and interested stakeholders.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Managing day-to-day operations and NDIS SIL (Supported Independent Living).
- Providing leadership in all aspects of the operation of NDIS SIL.
- Ensuring services are of a high standard and comply with standards of quality practice.
- Managing, developing and maintaining key partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Meeting all policy, contractual and legislative requirements and ultimately achieving good outcomes for the people who access our services.
- Managing the fiscal, human and property resources of the service within the scope of the position.
- Providing the team with the support required for them to enable personal growth by projecting a positive outlook, a sense of belonging, and social inclusiveness in the community.
- Possible involvement in the formation/establishment of programs, the procedures and work practices within the organisation, and will be required to provide assistance to other staff.
Please refer to the Position Description for more information about this role.
Who we are
Our name reflects our fundamental and enduring commitment to people’s mental health and wellbeing, supporting them to thrive and live a contributing life.
People are at the centre of everything we do at Flourish Australia – they’re our heart and soul. We reflect this through the language we use, our pride and belief in our team and our respect and understanding of those with a lived experience of a mental health issue.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds, people from CALD and LGBTI communities and mature age candidates.
- Tertiary qualifications in behavioural sciences or a health related discipline.
- At least 2-years relevant experience in a supervisory role
- Specialist skills and/or supervision/management abilities exercised within a multi-disciplinary or major single function operation
- Demonstrated engagement, collaboration and negotiation skills, with the capability to build and maintain positive working relationships across multiple sectors with a range of organisations.
- Experience fostering and sustaining partnerships as well as ability to influence stakeholders at all organisational levels
- Able to provide a demonstrated understanding of the challenges faced by people with a lived experience of mental health issues and how providing a person led recovery-oriented service is of benefit to people.
- Current Drivers Licence
- Experience in an NDIS environment preferably with a focus on SIL services.
- Knowledge of guidelines and requirements of SIL funding.
- Financial accuracy of SIL submissions.
- Experience in managing and submitting SIL quotes
Successful candidates will have excellent interpersonal skills, be non-judgemental, be fair, patient, have a willingness to listen and display empathy.
Appointments will be subject to satisfactory Australian residency/visa, National Criminal Record checks, and Working With Children Check.
Flourish Australia recognises and values its people as demonstrated by:
- Full-time (38 hours per week) role classified Level 6 on the Flourish Australia Enterprise Agreement (2018)
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
- Generous leave provisions including paid parental leave
- Career development opportunities.
For further information, please contact Yasin Bagci, Senior Cluster Manager E: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete the questions asked. You will then be required to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.