- Work with a large community managed organisation and help people make a positive difference in their lives
- Join a well-respected Not For Profit organisation that values & rewards its employees!
Flourish Australia has an exciting opportunity for a Supervisor (ADE) to join the Community Businesses in Tamworth! The position is part-time working Monday to Friday and are classified at Grade 5 on the SES Award.
Aims of the Community Businesses (Australian Disability Enterprises)
- Social: to create a recovery and reintegration pathway for people with mental health issues through various employment activities.
- Economic: to operate the business on a commercially sustainable basis of profitable growth whilst simultaneously offering employment opportunities for people.
- Product: to provide a range of commercial industry-standard products that meet the expectations and needs of targeted markets.
- Support: to increase awareness of mental health issues and to encourage businesses to support Australian Disability Enterprises and social enterprises.
The role of the Supervisor (ADE) includes but is not limited to:
- Ensuring that efficient and quality work is carried out whilst ensuring employees' and business service satisfaction
- Planning and directing daily production activities to ensure that operations are efficient, effective and meet the organisation's requirements
- Providing employees with the training, support and resources they require to efficiently complete their tasks in a safe environment, in compliance with the terms of the Enterprise Agreement, Disability Service Standards, Workplace Health and Safety legislation and other relevant requirements
This position also has a hands-on component that requires Supervisors to work alongside Employees (as required) and to assist the team to meet production targets and gain access to training and development opportunities.
Please note - Successful candidates must maintain a Class C driver’s licence as you may be directed to use your private motor vehicle in the course of performing your duties when an organisational pool motor vehicle is not available. Proof of comprehensive insurance must be provided when required. You will receive payment of the Travelling Transport and Fares Allowance when using your private vehicle for work-related purposes.
Who we are
Flourish Australia operates social enterprises and community businesses with the purpose of creating sustainable employment, vocational and training opportunities for people with mental health issues. We work in local communities to help people on their mental health recovery journey.
People are at the centre of everything we do at Flourish Australia – they’re our heart and soul. We reflect this through the language we use, our pride and belief in our team and our respect and understanding of those with a lived experience of a mental health issue.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds, people from CALD and LGBTI communities and mature age candidates.
- Well-developed communication, negotiation, and advocacy skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of the challenges faced by people with a lived experience of mental health issues.
- Confidence to successfully work with and motivate a team.
- Ability to work and proceed with minimal supervision.
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence.
- Relevant qualifications in cleaning (or willingness to obtain).
- Certificate IV Non-Clinical Mental Health.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
For more information, please contact Jim Booth, Senior Cluster Manager. E: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Benefits
Flourish Australia recognises and values its people as demonstrated by:
- SES Award Grade 5;
- Tax-free salary packaging available up to $15,900;
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions; and
- Comprehensive infrastructure including fleet motor vehicles, mobile phones and other resources for work purposes.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete the questions below. You will then be asked to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.