Peer Worker Vacancies
- Join an innovative program with a supportive team
- Part-time and Casual roles
- Conveniently located in Cranebrook
Flourish Australia have multiple exciting opportunities for Peer Workers to join our team in Cranebrook!
Positions available are classified Level 3 on the Flourish Australia Enterprise Agreement and you will be required to work on a 24/7 rotating roster.
About the Opportunities
As a Peer Worker with Flourish Australia, your own life experience of a mental health issue and personal recovery will provide a distinct advantage as you mentor and support people with lived experience of a mental health issue. You will be required to use this lived experience openly, appropriately and effectively to build professional relationships with the people you support that also have a lived experience of a mental health issue.
On a day to day basis, you will: -
- Effectively and appropriately hold crucial conversations with people who access our services in order to connect with them, support them and build reciprocity and mutual understanding, trust and shared experience.
- Ensure the person you are supporting feels accepted and appreciated.
- Help the person take on responsibilities.
- Effectively and appropriately guide and support each person in their recovery and be strengths, ability and possibility focused.
- Effectively model hope and recovery.
- Help provide agreed pathways to accessing clinical supports through the LHD and private clinicians, including access to alcohol and other drug services where needed.
- Provide residential support that enables step-up and step-down with intensity flexibility in care as needs change for the person.
For more information about what it means to be a Peer Worker with Flourish Australia , please review the Position Description and the Peer Worker information statement “What You Should Consider Before Becoming A Peer Worker”.
Who we are
Our name reflects our fundamental and enduring commitment to people’s mental health and wellbeing, supporting them to thrive and live a contributing life.
We reflect this through the language we use, our pride and belief in our teams and our respect for and understanding of those with a lived experience of a mental health issue.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds, people from CALD and LGBTI communities and mature age candidates.
About the Resolve Program
The Resolve program is a unique mental health program that will provide alternative support for people with a mental health issue who present frequently to Emergency Departments and who spend long periods admitted to a mental health inpatient facility. The Resolve program supports people with complex support needs, and interacts with a range of services and sectors involved in their care.
The Resolve program is first and foremost an early intervention program, which aims to reduce the likelihood of people being admitted to a mental health inpatient unit. To achieve this aim, the Resolve program provides program participants with an opportunity to attend a short-term residential stay complemented with outreach support. The combination of these early intervention support pathways assists people to live well and stay well in the community without the need to attend a mental health inpatient unit.
- A personal lived experience of a mental health issue.
- Entry level for graduates with a relevant degree in behavioural sciences or human services; or
- A relevant associate diploma or certificate qualification with relevant experience; or
- At least 1-years relevant experience in mental health attained through previous appointments
- A current Australian drivers licence.
All appointments with Flourish Australia’s Mental Health Services are subject to previous employment reference checks, Working with Children Checks, satisfactory Australian residency status, National Criminal Record checks, and other background checks as required by different State legislation.
Please note- Successful candidates must maintain a Class C driver’s licence as you may be directed to use your private motor vehicle in the course of performing your duties when an organisational pool motor vehicle is not available. Proof of comprehensive insurance must be provided when required. You will receive payment of the Travelling Transport and Fares Allowance when using your private vehicle for work related purposes.
For further information, please contact , Resolve Program Manager Christine Miniawy Email: email@example.com (please do not email applications)
About the Benefits
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900 (excluding casuals);
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions;
- Comprehensive infrastructure fleet vehicles, mobile phones and other resources for work purposes; and
- Career development opportunities.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete all the questions asked. You will then be required to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.